Visit our “News” section in the top menu.
We are a non-profit, scientific and technical group of members with the objective to:
- advance the development of hydrography, marine cartography and associated activities in Canada;
- further the knowledge and professional development of its members;
- enhance awareness of the critical importance of hydrography;
- assist the development of hydrography in developing countries;
- enable industry, academia and others engaged in or interested in hydrography and related sciences to meet, correspond, and coordinate their efforts in the continuing development, promotion, and improvement of the discipline.
As Canada’s national hydrographic association, CHA embraces the disciplines of:
- hydrographic surveying;
- marine cartography;
- marine geodesy;
- offshore exploration;
- tide and current studies.
The Canadian Hydrographic Association is formally affiliated with the Canadian Institute of Geomatics. It is informally associated with The Hydrographic Society of America (THSOA) and l’Association francophone d’hydrographie (AFHY).
What the CHA Can Do For You:
- advance your knowledge of hydrography, cartography and associated disciplines, and keep you abreast of the latest developments in these disciplines;
- enable you to establish a network with others involved with hydrography, nationally and internationally.
- Allow you to share and discover existing and potential projects and employment opportunities.
These benefits are provided through the sponsorship of seminars, colloquiums, training programs, national conferences, Regional and National meetings.
The CHA also provides assistance to eligible students for their studies.
Membership is open to anyone engaged or with interests in hydrography and marine cartography, hydrographers, cartographers and all those working in associated disciplines.