The Canadian Hydrographic Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of hydrography in Canada.
- Provide a venue for interested parties from industry, academia, the public service and other sectors to exchange information and share advancements in the discipline of hydrography.
- Improve the awareness of hydrography’s critical importance at a national scale to influence policy, inform people and attract new recruits into the field.
- Support training and education opportunities for those wishing to enter the discipline and the continuing education of hydrographers.
- Work in partnership with international hydrographic and other associations to ensure hydrography in Canada is well integrated with related disciplines and continues to progress and improve.
Achieving CHA objectives through:
- Organizing opportunities for members to exchange information and learn of new developments in the field.
- Holding monthly meetings of the national CHA board to determine and implement strategic directions and monitor progress.
- Publishing and maintaining the CHA website and social media platforms to inform and notify members of upcoming events
- Organizing biennial international conferences to bring a wide spectrum of participants together to present and discuss advances in hydrography and related disciplines.
- Establishing and maintaining close working relationships with key associations and organizations having common goals.
- Recognizing the achievements of an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the hydrographic profession and/or its related disciplines through the annual Sam Masry Award.
- Providing financial support to deserving students studying hydrography or a related subject through the annual CHA Award.
Become a Member
Membership is open to anyone engaged or with interests in hydrography and marine cartography, hydrographers, cartographers and all those working in associated disciplines.